Friday, May 28, 2010

Upcycled Rosette Brooches

 I'm a little embarrassed to admit I still have every single formal gown I wore to my High School dances (Homecoming, Winter Formal, Prom, etc..). I paid way too much money for them and wore them all of one time. Truthfully, I did have a friend who was the same size as me and borrowed a few, but still, that only amounts to two wearings per dress at the very most. Ugh. What a waste!

So after all these years of hanging on to it, I finally found another use for the dress I wore to Homecoming my freshman year of High School. I cut all the layers for the rosettes from the satin and still have a good amount left for another project. I'm tickled pink that I was able to upcycle something and give it a brand new purpose! The pearls in the center are from a necklace I got at a local antique shop. The clasp was broken, so I got a ton of real pearls for only $4! Score!

I hope the girls over on Two Peas in my "5 Things Accessories Swap" are as thrilled with them as I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment